Sunday, April 14, 2019

Advice for High School Me

I honestly cannot believe that my freshman year of college is winding down, and it has definitely been a wild ride!  However, I have had time to think about what I could have done differently this time last year when I was still a senior in high school.  In the end, if there is one piece of advice I wish I could have given myself a year ago, it's this: go on a campus tour (or at least explore campus more) before Orientation.  It may sound a little weird, but I actually never went on an official campus tour before I started classes at South.  Even though I had visited South three times before my Orientation, I didn't explore campus much.  I was familiar with the Mitchell Center and the Coastal Weather Research Center, and that was about it!  While I was able to find my way around campus pretty quickly once I actually moved into my room and started classes, I wish I had taken time to explore a little more, but you live and you learn, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weathering the Ups & Downs

I honestly cannot believe this is my final blog for the semester, and freshman year has certainly been quite a ride!  That being said, it...